" September is Electronic Databases Month"
So much to research, so much to read, so much to see. Try a data base today. Go by the ERC and ask for a data base demonstration.
What is a database?
A database is a collection of information that is organized so that it can easily be accessed, managed, and updated. Stop by the library or schedule your classes and explore databases.
- Access World News - electronic edition of records for local, regional and world news.
- ARTstor - digital library of images in the arts, architecture, humanities
- and social sciences.
- CQ Researcher - Covers today's important issues and controversial subjects.
- Films On Demand - Access to over 6,000 digital educational streaming videos that covers most discipline.
- JSTOR - Collections III provides access to 150 journals in language/literature, music, film studies, folklore, performing arts, religion, history, and the study of art/architecture.
- NAXOS MUSIC LIBRARY - World's largest online classical music library.
- ProQuest Science - a scientific database that covers general science, physics, engineering, biology, chemistry and more.
- Social Work Abstract Plus - Records span from 1968 to the present, from social work and other related journals.
What's Going on in the Library?
This is an excellent question. Currently, rooms 104 and 109 are being remodeled. Room 104 will become the new Cataloging and Acquisition Department. Room 109 will become the new Library Media Center. When the Library Media Center opens, students, teachers and staff will have access to not only technology but also access to an area where students can relax while viewing segments of Films on Demand or listening to various genres of music. Students if you need ideas or help in creating technology projects, the library media center will be the place to go. Ms. Louise Smith is the library media specialist. We will let you know the date of the grand opening.
Patriot Day- In honor of those who lost their lives in the terrorist attack on the United States,
(September 11, 2001) became law 12-18-2001.
- Alexander, Dean. Terrorism and business : the impact of September 11, 2001.
- Calhoun, Craig. Understanding September 11.
- CNN. America remembers [videorecording] : the events of September 11 and America's response ; CNN tribute.
- Hershberg, Eric. Critical views of September 11 : analyses from around the world.
- Jones, Pricilla. The first 109 minutes : 9/11 and the U.S. Air Force.
Continue doing whatever it takes to make you
an awesome Benedict Tiger!
"JUST ASK A LIBRARIAN"